App Terms & Fair Use Policy
App / Online Booking Terms and Conditions
App / Online Booking Fair Usage Policy
- Registration - You must have a valid Pay As You Go or a Pay Monthly membership with Glasgow Club, have provided us with an email address and set or been issued with a PIN to book using our app or booking website.
- Payment - Bookings (where not included in membership) must be paid for before they are confirmed. Unconfirmed bookings will be removed from the system within 15 minutes of being made unless they are paid for using a credit or debit card.
- Waiting Lists - Please read this article which explains how waiting lists work
- Cancellation - Please cancel bookings you cannot attend (any time up until 60 minutes before the activity is due to begin) to free up space for others. You can cancel bookings that haven't yet been paid for or that are inclusive in your membership. This can be done whether the booking was made online, in our app by phone or in person. PLEASE NOTE: You CANNOT cancel bookings once they have been paid for. See refunds (below).
- Dishonoured bookings - It is vital that membership inclusive activity bookings are cancelled by members who are unable to attend. Repeated failure to attend activities that have been booked may result in the withdrawal of the right to book online, or ultimately the right to book any activity in advance.
- Refunds – Glasgow Club will refund the cost of bookings in full if we are unable to provide the activity you have paid for. Please DO NOT make bookings online if your plans are subject to change as we are unable to refund the cost of bookings you have already paid for if you are unable to attend. In extreme circumstances, refunds may occasionally be offered at the discretion of the customer service team (0141 287 8931 during office hours).
- Availability - The online booking website and mobile app are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week but may occasionally be unavailable while backups and scheduled maintenance are carried out.
- Advance Booking - Bookings can be made (subject to availability) up to 7-days in advance and right up until the start time of the activity quoted online. 31 days advance booking is possible for some velodrome sessions.
- Transfer of Bookings - Members cannot make bookings on behalf of other members, and bookings are non- transferable (i.e. must be cancelled or attended by the individual member who made the booking).
- Confirmation - The status of any bookings made can be checked on the 'View my bookings' page on our booking website or in our mobile app. Website bookings will generate a confirmation email, sent to the member's registered email address in the case of bookings made on our website. Members are welcome to print this email but are not required to bring this when they attend the activity they have booked except in the case of free tennis in parks. T
By accepting the Terms and Conditions above you agree to be bound by this policy.
Why have a fair use policy?
It's designed to make your experience when booking activities online a happy one and maximise availability for all our members.
Am I likely to be affected by the fair use policy?
If you don't book large numbers of classes or activities it's unlikely you'll ever be affected by this policy. If you do, all we ask is that you do so considerately, by ensuring you don't book more than a single one-hour court hire per day and if booking fitness classes, that you only book classes you are sure you'll be able to attend and not mulitple classes at the same time/across multiple venues in the same evening.
Should something arise unexpectedly that will prevent you from attending a class, we'd ask that you cancel the booking as soon as you know you'll be unable to attend - this will free up space for others.
What will happen if I make a lot of bookings or book and don't show up?
If you only occasionally fail to attend a class it shouldn't be a problem - we know things crop up unexpectedly sometimes. If its happening more often we may have to charge you for bookings you failed to honour because we were unable to sell to other customers or restrics your ability to book. If you are booking multiple courts at the same time, or a single court for more than one hour a day we may advise you of our intention to monitor your usage and take additional action if required.
Ultimately if you breach the terms of online bookings or of the fair use policy repeatedly, we may have to withdraw your online booking priveleges completely. We don't want to do that, and with your support and goodwill we'll work with you to see if we can avoid this happening.